You have an Infor analytics dashboard that communicates valuable information, but you want the same report to switch between different metrics or dimensions.
For example, a pie chart where an employee can toggle between revenue per city, to revenue by country, or revenue by sales manager. Another example would be to switch between multiple measures on a single report, such as from Revenue per country, to number of customers per country.
- Analytics: Parameter Filter
- Analytics: BQL Editor 2.0 (Saved Expressions builder within Visualizer)
- Analytics: Functions: GetPromptValue, and Eval!
- Birst Admin Access
- Create an embedded filter with parameters that contain the measures.
2. Create Saved Expressions that will collect and interpret the values from the parameter.
ex: <EVAL!GetPromptValue(‘Value Selector’,'[OrderDate: # Distinct CustomerID]’)!>
GetPromptValue – captures the value provided by the parameter called Value Selector, as a string.
If the parameter is empty, then a default string is used, in this case [OrderDate: # Distinct CustomerID].
<EVAL! – evaluates the string as a Measure or Dimension.
3. Finally, use the newly created Saved Expression in your report as a regular Measure or Dimension.
The user will make a selection on the embedded filter.
Based on the users selection the filter will generate the corresponding parameter.
The GetPromptValue function will pick capture the value from the parameter, and <EVAL! will convert the captured string to a Measure or Dimension.
How to setup filters.
Alternate solution: Creating Column Selector